1) The Road to the Attack on Pearl Harbor 2) The Real Rosie the Riveter & Women in World War II 3) The D-Day Invasion & The War in Europe 4) The Decision to Drop the Bomb & War in the Pacific
All these lessons go with videos like this one:
This bundle comes with a student-friendly workbookwith all the lessons and activities in it! It is 100% editable and will help you and your students stay organized throughout this awesome unit. 👀 Check out the previews to see how the workbooks and lessons are organized.
In the first episode students learn about America's early neutrality and how the Pearl Harbor attacks thrust America into the war. In the second lesson/episode, students learn how women’s role transformed on the homefront and how the 'real Rosie the Riveter' characterized what so many women experienced. Then they learn about the war in Europe and how the D-Day invasion ultimately led to the surrender of Nazi Germany. In the last video-lesson, students learn about the war in the Pacific and the dropping of the atomic bombs on Japan. Each lesson is taught through story in a way that will students won't forget!
ACTIVITIES IN THIS BUNDLE
1. Create a 'Point-of-View' Timeline (comparing Japanese to American POV) of the road to the attack on Pearl Harbor.
2. Stations activity on the Women During WWII covering Black Rosies, women in uniform, a fun rationing activity, and analyzing propaganda posters
3. A primary source activity on the importance of D-Day
4. A Socratic seminar or debate on dropping the atomic bomb exploring what led President Truman to drop the atomic bomb.
ALL LESSONS HAVE SUPPORTS AND SCAFFOLDS FOR DIVERSE LEARNERS AND ANSWER KEYS FOR EVERYTHING! Check the previews! ✅
To learn more, you can check out the individual lessons for this unithere.