This bundle comes with a student-friendly workbook with all the lessons and activities in it! It is 100% editable and will help you and your students stay organized throughout this awesome unit. 👀 Check out the previews to see how the workbooks and lessons are organized.
Each Video-Lesson Includes
1) Interactive, Follow-Along Notesheet
2) Quick Quiz
3) Extension Activity
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
All episodes and lessons teach through the power of story to make history relevant and engaging for students. In the first episode students learn how big business began to dominate the US economy after the Civil War through the story of John D. Rockefeller's Standard Oil Company and the effects this had on Americans. In the second lesson students learn how workers were impacted by industrialization and their efforts to unionize with the story of the Haymarket Square Riot. Then students learn about urbanization and the lives of the New Immigrants- who they were, why they came, and how they lived. In the last lesson, students discover the political corruption that marked the Gilded Age through the story of Boss Tweed and Tammany Hall and how Thomas Nast's cartoons took them down!
***The lessons cover state-standards while making sure the content is still rich and interesting.
ACTIVITIES IN THIS BUNDLE
1. Write an op-ed: students read and gather evidence on "Robber Barrons and Captains of Industry," complete a T-chart and then write a short op-ed about their opinion on the matter.
2. Recognize Media Bias: analyze newspaper headlines and cartoons looking for bias on the Haymarket Square Riot and create their own headlines for the event.
3. Mini-DBQ: Analyze text & images, answer supporting questions, and then write a mini-DBQ.
4. Create a Political Cartoon: First they analyze Thomas Nast's Boss Tweed cartoons before creating their own on the topic of graft and political corruption!
This bundle requires no-prep and includes all resources needed, supports for diverse learners, and are ready to engage and excite your students! And there are answer keys for everything! ✅
To learn more, you can check out the individual lessons for this unit here and check out the preview images.