This bundle comes with a student-friendly workbook with all the lessons and activities in it! It is 100% editable and will help you and your students stay organized throughout this awesome unit. 👀 Check out the previews to see how the workbooks and lessons are organized.
EACH VIDEO-LESSON INCLUDES:
1) Interactive, Follow-Along Notesheet
2) Quick Quiz
3) Extension Activity
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
All History For Humans videos teach through the power of story to make the history relevant and meaningful to students. In lesson one, students learn how "Jacksonian Democracy" spread democratic values to nearly all white men while others suffered and were ignored- like women, enslaved people, and Native Americans. In video-lesson two, students discover how women's roles transformed as they entered the workforce as "Factory Girls", the cult of domesticity, and how reform movements like temperance and abolition led to the Women's Suffrage Movement. Next, in lesson three, students learn how the cotton gin led to increased profits for southern planters at the expense of enslaved people who still managed to resist their oppression. Lastly, in lesson four, students learn how a market and transportation revolution impacted nearly all Americans while helping to unite the nation and transforming it forever.
***The lessons cover state-standards while making sure the content is still interesting.
HISTORY ACTIVITIES FOR THIS BUNDLE:
1. President Jackson Collage: Read about Jackson's life and presidency and illustrate a collage based on the fascinating history they learn.
2. Primary Source Analysis: Read and answer question on a speech demanding women's rights and opportunities while making connections and reflecting.
3. Listen to Black Spirituals: Read lyrics and listen to old 'Black Spirituals' and answer questions to understand how music & religion impacted the culture of enslaved people.
4. Mapping the Market Revolution: Analyze a map, answer question, and fill out a blank map on how the market and transportation revolution changed the nation.
This bundle requires no-prep and includes all resources needed, supports for diverse learners, and are ready to engage and excite your students! And there is a unit test and answer keys for everything! ✅
SO, CUT THE LECTURE AND SPEND YOUR VALUABLE TIME SUPPORTING AND ENGAGING WITH STUDENTS!